Finish: Natural Sanded
Material: Sunproof Fabric
Colour: Dove Grey
Material: Quick Dry Foam (Outdoor)
Product Care - Teak Frame
Our outdoor teak products are unsealed.
Teak has a high level of natural oils which increases its stability and longevity. Over time, these oils will migrate to the surface of the timber, this is called oil surfacing. This is a normal characteristic, particularly in New Teak.
To help prevent damage, monthly cleaning and maintenance of your outdoor furniture is recommended.
To clean outdoor teak tables, use a non-metallic brush to gently scrub the surface of the wood in the same direction as the grain. Do not use too much force. After cleaning, use a hose to rinse off the teak furniture to get rid of any cleaning solution and dirt residue. Do not use a pressure cleaner as it may damage the wood.
After cleaning, pat the wood dry with a towel and let the sun dry up the remaining moisture. If this does not remove the mould, some light sanding may be required.
A teak protector may be applied. Do not use Teak Oil as this can cause irregular colouring or mildew.
- Our outdoor teak products are unsealed
- Store in a dry place during the winter or rainy months.
- When cleaning, never mix chlorine bleach and ammonia-based cleaners which creates a dangerous chlorine gas
- Expensive or antique furniture may need to be treated by professionals, especially if the mould and mildew growth is extensive.
- Since mould is caused by too much moisture, there’s a good chance mould-infested furniture will be damp. Dry out by sitting in direct sunlight for several hours before starting to clean.
- Please note the location of the furniture and the surrounding elements will play a part in the mould/mildew forming/reforming.
How to maintain the natural teak colouring; If you wish to maintain the Natural Teak golden brown colour, clean teak furniture with water which has a mild detergent in it. Use a soft bristled brush to gently scrub the furniture.
Once cleaned, rinse the furniture thoroughly to get rid of any cleaning solution and dirt residue. Apply a teak protector to furniture. Do not use Teak Oil as this can cause irregular colouring or mildew. Do not use a power washer.